Attract Customers, Not Pests
HiCare July 23, 2021 | Friday
With an abundance of fresh foods, packaged products and sugary drinks, your general store has everything a customer would want. But don’t forget, they are also enticing spaces for pests to stroll up and down the aisles.
One of the biggest pest-related concerns in general stores is cockroach infestation. They often start small in corners of your store and may appear as a one-off occurrence, but it hardly takes time for it to become a full-blown and widespread infestation. Before you realise it, the infestation might drive customers away or worse, spread diseases resulting in not just your customers falling sick, but even your staff. Therefore, here are some easy-to-follow tips for cockroach prevention at your general store:
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and ensure that when you’re sweeping and moping, you don’t ignore the corners.
- Clear out your garbage bin every day and make sure that the lid is closed after every use.
- Seal any gaps or leakages in your drainage systems that can attract cockroaches to enter and breed.
- Remember to inspect the deliveries of your stock for signs of any pest infestation.
- Clean your stock room often and clear away any unwanted cartons or cardboard boxes you do not need.
- Educate your staff about pest infestations and how to look out for one.
Since cockroaches often tend to live in colonies, hiding under dark and cluttered corners and emerging specifically during night times, it is necessary that you conduct routine checks. If it seems too overwhelming, seeking professional help is always recommended. Sign-up for a long-term, routine check-up of your premises to stay one step ahead of any potential infestations.