How to Prevent Pest Infestation from Ruining Your Hotel Peak Season?
HiCare November 09, 2022 | Wednesday
After a setback of two years, the hotel industry is expecting great business this festive and winter season. If you own a hotel and think that the pandemic is over and nothing can ruin your peak season, then think again! Pest infestation is one thing that can destroy your holiday season.
The most common food pests that creep inside hotels are rodents, bed bugs, mosquitoes, and cockroaches. Control these pests on time before they become out of control and ruin your hotel's peak season. So, as soon as you catch early signs of pest infestation in food premises or hotel rooms, consider professional infestation control.
We are here to enlighten you all about insect infestation and how can the pests be controlled at hotels during the peak season.
Common Pests Found in Hotels
We already gave you a hint of some common pests found in hotels. Let us elaborate a bit more on this and acquaint you with all types of pests that are found in hotels:
- Bed Bugs
- Rats/ Rodents
How to Prevent Pest Infestation in Hotels?
Thinking about how to prevent rodent infestation at your hotel? The following tricks and tips will help you prevent not just rodents, but other types of pests with great efficacy.
Make an Action Plan: The first and foremost step a hotel manager should take to prevent pest infestation is to make an action plan. Draft a protocol for pest inspection so that your staff detects them before your guests do so. A well-drafted action plan will help enhance your hotel’s reputation too.
- Proper Staff Training: One big step to prevent pest infestation at hotels is to train the hotel staff. Acquaint them with proper ways to detect pests and check for warning signs at different nooks and corners of the hotel. The entire staff should be trained to check the rooms for signs of pests. They should also know the protocols and prepare food accordingly so that there is no scope left for pests to creep inside your hotel.
- Look Out for Early Signs of Pest Infestation: The early it is, the better it is, when it comes to getting rid of pests from a hotel. So, the key point here is to look for early signs of pest infestation in your hotel, so that the best measures can be followed to eradicate them completely from your hotel before the peak business season.
- Inspect Your Food Waste Control System: Every good hotel has a good restaurant. The trained hotel chef will cook tasty food, but what about the hygiene and waste control system? Leftover food needs to be discarded in a proper food waste bin. These bins should be regularly inspected for any signs of pest infestation.
- Check Your Hotel Disposal Systems: Not just the food waste, you also need to keep a check on how the hotel disposes of other waste. Housekeeping is one major part of the hotel business, and during daily clean-ups, the hotel tends to accumulate a lot of waste. Where is all that waste disposed of, and is the waste disposal system attracting pests? Check this out and mend the ways.
- Inspect Your Laundry Room Regularly: Another important part of the hotel that needs proper attention if you wish to keep the pests away is the laundry room. The laundry room is often the dirtiest room of a hotel, where the staff stores dirty linen, mops, and brooms. Make sure to teach the staff to keep the laundry room clean as well as to prevent pest infestation at your hotel. In most cases, pests hide in the laundry room and get transported into different hotel rooms through the laundry.
- Maintain a Proper Drainage System: When it comes to controlling pests at a hotel, it is important to maintain a proper drainage system. Pests look out for water and an easy hideout. Failing to keep a proper drainage system often allows pests to manifest and hide in faulty drainage systems of hotels.
- Check Your Hotel Building and Room Design: Although a bit difficult step to deal with to keep the pests away, yet an effective one. Sometimes, the hotel room design is such that different pests get easy access. Try fixing areas where pests can easily hide and lay eggs. Choose the bed linen, furniture, and other room amenities carefully keeping in mind that they are not pest-friendly.
- Regular Housekeeping: Most important thing to do to keep your hotel pest-free this holiday season is to get regular housekeeping. Whether a room is vacant or occupied by a guest, each room of the hotel should be cleaned daily to prevent these unwanted invaders called pests to creep inside your hotel room.
- Book a Pest Management Company: If none of the above-mentioned help you get rid of pests from your hotel, then consider booking a pest control service. Talk to a professional pest management company and get them to inspect your hotel and eradicate the pests found through efficient and safe pest control solutions.
Hotel pest infestation is a tailor-made service offered by all the reputed pest solution providers like HiCare. The company with a legacy of 29 years in pest control excels in providing not just commercial but residential pest control solutions. Don’t let these tiny pests, be it rodents, termites, cockroaches, or mosquitoes ruin your hotel business. Consider booking affordable and effective pest control solutions from HiCare and relax.